Almost Done

I've got two tack sets nearly done, and it feels so nice to have them near the final stages!

They're both for the same gal, and the western style endurance set was one I'd never tried before, even though I had it listed on my website.

So far so good, but just how the curb strap is going to work is something I haven't quite decided on yet.




The english saddle is probably my best so far. The shape of the flaps is just beautiful, and the seat has a really nice shape to it. I'm excited about it, and I really wish it were a personal set!


I also tried something new with the bridle. Typically, I do 'german' hackamores which are basically a covered wire with shanks and a chin strap/chain. Usually quite strong. This time I attempted and english hackamore, which seem to be more common for jumping and eventing. I think it turned out nicely, but it was rather fiddly. Added to that, the fact that the horse these sets will eventually be shown on is a G2 Warmblood with a slightly customized nose, and it was kind of hard to keep everything straight. You still can't see much of the running martingale because of the tucked head, but my customer's model has had his head raised in addition to the nose job, so I think it will all turn out nicely.