New Design & Finished Stuff

I have such original post names, don't I? I'm horrible at naming these things! Any time I try to think of something clever, I get a headache.  If I DO think of something, it's usually stupid.  So we're going to take the easiest route and name it something obvious, like "New Design & Finished Stuff".  No surprises, just right out there telling you what's up.

A word on the new design...I hated the way that the old one(s) didn't really match my website.  Most of my traffic comes from Jennifer Buxton's amazing blog (which I am insanely grateful for!), but for the few who venture over here from my website, I want a cohesive look.  I finally found something that works, and I apologize to anyone who lived through the afternoon of playing around! I think I went through four or five designs and variations of them before I settled on this one, and those are just the ones you SAW!

Also, thanks for the response to the new tutorial! I'm plugging away at it, slowly, and hope to have it finished in the next month or so.  There was a little hang up with the first test saddle...some genius *cough*me*cough* cut the stirrup keeper slots wrong and didn't notice until she was about to glue the seat on.  

So after all that rambling, I guess you'd like to know what I finished, right? I could tell you...but showing is so much more fun!











These saddles are a trade with Kim Beecker of Total Image Equine for two paint jobs.  Kim worked her magic on my Mindy and EquinArt cutting horse and I cannot WAIT to get them home!

A note on the english set: all but the bell boots are up there on their own power! If I do it right, the wire-reinforced galloping/splint boots don't require stickywax to stay on.  As a tack maker I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief, so I can't imagine how happy those who show performance will be!  I have the photos I need to do a walk through, just have to put it all together.  Making the boots is REALLY simple, too!

There's a bit of a lag between orders right now, so I'm taking the opportunity to work on my personal show string.  After my first live show experience in 2007 or 08, I wasn't very interested in trying it again.  I caught the showing bug when I visited AHL last weekend and with an entire year to plan I think I can pull it off!  Right now I'm working on a dressage saddle and a western show saddle.  It's the most detailed carving I've done so  far, and as long as I don't screw it up it should turn out nicely.  More on those soon, though, probably tomorrow!