red deer rebellion

Another One Down...Ninety Billion to Go

Yesterday afternoon, between Disney movies, popcorn, and six or eight episodes of the X Files, I wrapped up Shauna's saddle.  She asked me to recreate a really neat eventing saddle with front and back kneeblocks. It was a really fun project that came together very easily.  I got to try a new technique, too.  Protective legwear is much easier to tack up if reinforced with wire.  Who knew? Plus, I'm on a five or six pair roll for laced reins! No breaks in a long time, so I think I'm really getting good at that.

I've still got a LOT of work to do, though.  Seven saddles are still to be started, with varying levels of difficulty.  Seven might as well be ninety billion right now, since the school semester is drawing to a close and I start a new job in exactly two weeks! Yikes. 

All of that said, though...this post is useless without pictures, right? Right!







Pssst...if you want to bid on the Working Girl set, you've got until the 23rd!

Show Photo!

Here's Manuela's photo from Show for the Cure! She got 3rd place in H/J with this setup.  Great job!


There's not a whole lot to write...I've been really busy with tack, finishing things, packing them up, and doing a little bit of painting on the side.  Usually I'm tack only, but I do dabble in pastels occasionally.  I'm finally finishing my Dinky Duke up, just have details to do now!  No photos of him, unfortunately, but he does have a name! Secondhand Serenade, but no one will ever hear it because he'll never be shown, poor fellow.

This week will be devoted to english homework and finishing up two projects: Shauna's english set and a donation for Red Deer Rebellion.  Because I am just that brilliant, I have less than two weeks to wrap up a saddle and the assorted gear that goes with it.  I completed the carving this evening, so theoretically it's smooth sailing from here on out.  That's in theory, though, so just you wait for something to happen!